WeSell.com has an immediate need for a highly organized and motivated Director of Events. We are a thriving company whose client base is growing rapidly, and we need a great candidate with the ability to manage and coordinate work with hundreds of venues and thousands of staff members.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years experience in Event Management and/or Event Production. This natural problem solver will directly manage 1000 people at dozens of events across North America simultaneously. This individual should not be easily overwhelmed and always takes initiative. The candidate must also be extremely proficient at Microsoft Excel.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Be able to produce dozens of Nightlife and Holiday events simultaneously
- Consult with customers and clients to determine objectives and requirements for each event
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
- Guarantee a seamless turnover from sales to execution
- Work well with the Sales, Ticketing, and Design Teams to confirm that the product being delivered upon execution is what has been sold and vice versa
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks in a timely manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Leadership Skills. You have to be a person that is authoritative and can demand respect
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite – most importantly Excel
- Solid task management skills
- Detailed oriented in every aspect of their work
- A “people-person”
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions
- Ability and a penchant for dealing with problems that arise head-on and right away
- Ability to maintain long-term customer relationships
- Motivated and driven attitude
- Resourceful and Levelheaded
- Knowledge and experience within the nightlife industry is a huge plus
Only those available for a face-to-face interview in our NYC office need apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience